Centering on the theme, “Crossing the Sierra Divide,” the new Visitor Center at Donner Memorial State Park is an inspiring tribute to all people who lived in and crossed this physical boundary. Federal transportation money constructed the building and a state park bond funded the displays. The State General Fund is able to pay for basic staffing. We are raising money to bring this building to life! This campaign will ensure that educational programming, volunteer program support and community programming will be available all year long.Visitor Center Projects that need funding:
- Production of an updated introductory movie ($70,000)
- Construction of a year-round outdoor educational pavilion ($30,000)
- Expanding the volunteer and docent program ($5,000)
- Addition of natural history displays and exhibits ($15,000)
- Production of a self guided exhibit tour brochure ($3,500)
Donation levels over $1,000 will be recognized on the Donor Wall in the Visitor Center foyer. All donation levels over $50 include a one-year membership to the Sierra State Parks Foundation and other “thank you” gifts at various donation levels. We will be pleased to send you our Donner Fundraising Campaign materials or meet with you to share our vision.